Karen has led a range of transformational change programmes and now majors on coaching senior leaders and emerging talent, usually in the context of major changes in culture and performance. Before joining the Waverley team, she was Global Head of Leadership Development at Aviva, (a FTSE top 25 company), responsible for the coaching and development of leaders at all levels of the organisation. Prior to that she held senior leadership roles in Organisation Development, Talent, and ‘Leadership and Culture’. She has extensive experience of leading post-merger and acquisition cultural transformation programmes and developing resourceful internal change agents.
Karen is a certified integral coach, with an MSc in HR, where she specialised in organisation development and strengths-based approaches to performance. She is a Fellow of the CIPD, a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), a certified Practitioner in Coaching Constellations, and in Transformational Narrative Coaching and a member of the Association of Business Psychologists. She is a qualified user of psychometric assessments.
Karen specialises in individual and group approaches that are designed to keep up with the complexities of the world and the intensity of change experienced today, where a deeper level of awareness beyond ‘knowing’ is needed. Her work is aimed at achieving long term, sustained excellence, inviting people to be able to respond to the world, to deal with situations we can’t even anticipate yet. People often turn to this type of facilitation and/or coaching when they are at the edge of their known world, their developmental edge. Karen helps people access and integrate insights at emotional, relational and somatic levels, as well as cognitive. Her work is practical and profound, accessible and stretching, and very participative.
Examples of recent work
- Global Leadership Development Programme a Strategy Consultancy
- Major culture change and leadership development programmes for entire leadership communities in several private sector, faith communities and not for profit organisations
- Current and recent coaching assignments include:
- CEO of a Major Higher Education Establishment
- Board Directors of Major International Charity
- HR Director in Leading Agricultural Business
- Senior Partners in big 4 Professional Services Firm
- Executive Directors in Financial Services, Communications and Health sectors
- Several assignments for leaders in transition at different levels and in different sectors
- Founders of Consulting Businesses and Social Entrepreneurs