After starting her career as a corporate lawyer, Zelah quickly developed a passion for leadership, collaboration and transformation whilst working in Cape Town in the mid 90’s. Since then, Zelah has spent over 20 years living and working in countries recovering from conflict and upheaval – including Sri Lanka and Bosnia and Herzegovina – and the last 9 years in the UK. During that time, she led large scale organisational and sectoral change initiatives, involving cross-cultural teams and collaboration across different disciplines, sectors, ethnicities and faiths. Through this work, she learned that sustainable change happens when we put humanity right at the centre of leadership, so that we lead ourselves and others in a way that is conscious, inclusive and empowers everyone to reach their full potential.
Zelah is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach® and Executive Coach, trained by the Coaches Training Institute. She’s also an Organisational and Relationship Systems Coach, trained by CRR Global and an End of Life Doula, trained by Living Well, Dying Well.
Zelah is known for her powerful, grounded energy and the professionalism, warmth and playfulness she brings to her work. She cares deeply about others and the world we live in and makes space for everyone to be heard; bringing care, clarity and structure to conversations. Zelah has an outstanding ability to be with things that are edgy and challenging and reveal their potential for growth and change. She’s in her element:
- helping people find the courage to live and lead in a way that is fully aligned with who they are
- supporting leaders to bring out the best in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- building trust in teams, particularly in times of change and uncertainty
- building partnerships across sectors and cultures strategically and with generosity
- developing emerging talent, and
- supporting people and organisations through loss.
Examples of recent work
- Facilitating leadership development programmes and coaching for emerging leaders and senior leadership in global companies, including M&S , L’Oréal and Activision Blizzard King
- Facilitating team development events for international organisations, including the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Providing resilience coaching and training for not-for-profit Chief Executives and their teams
- Coaching small business owners